Kenya Trip - Friday - Witness to a Miracle

This story is one of those which will give you goosebumps and at the same time boost your faith in awliya. As we were ending our stay in Lamu (an island which is a world heritage by UN and famous for its Mawlid which is attended by thousands of people every year), the trip back to Nairobi was scheduled for Saturday 12th of March. But Thursday night, before going to sleep, Mawlana Shaykh Hisham (Mawlana Shaykh Hisham) advised our host, Muhammad Jamil, to try to change our tickets so we can return to Nairobi on Friday the 11th. Subhanallah, by 10:00AM Friday morning, the change was done and all the 40+ people travelling with Mawlana Shaykh Hisham were able to change their tickets without a penalty. We arrived at the small bush airport by speed boats. When we arrived our plane was sitting on the tarmac. The engines were already warming up and the propeller on the right wing was already spinning while the one on the left was not. At the time of boarding we all followed Mawlana Shaykh Hisham as our shaykh and leader and when he was about to board the plane, the airport supervisor asked Mawlana Shaykh Hisham for a blessing and Mawlana Shaykh Hisham prayed on him (see attached pictures) and gave him twotaweez for protection. Mawlana Shaykh Hisham proceeded to take his seat then started praying with his tasbeeh (prayer beads) very very fast, reciting the traveltasbeeh 300 times of bismillahi-rahmani ’r-raheem, dhaalika taqdeeru ’l-`azeezi ’l-`aleem. The rest of the mureeds continued to board. A child of one of the mureeds, was crossing the tarmac to board. He was wearing a turban on which was a pin of the footstep of the Holy Prophet salla, and at the very top the NaqshbandiTaweez. As he was passing the right wing, suddenly a gust of wind from the propeller tore the boarding card out of his hand and pulled it under the wing. The boy, not thinking, ran under the plane to get the card not seeing the propeller on the right wing spinning at high speed. Everyone on the ground shouted to the boy to stop, but he didn’t realize the danger. He ran forward and was apparently, hit by the propeller and his mother screamed with all her might witnessing this horrific scene unfolding before her eyes. The supervisor, who had just got the two taweez from Mawlana Shaykh Hisham minutes earlier, like out of a scene of a Hollywood action movie, dove immediately towards the propeller and grabbed the child. Somehow both miraculously bounced back, away from the propeller and were thrown hard on the ground. The supervisor had his pants torn down from the knee and the mother and the other mureeds, with one voice shouted to the captain to turn off the engine on the right propeller. The scene was surreal. Mother, relatives of the child and other mureeds were all in tears fearing the worst, and picturing a bitter end to this first African trip of Mawlana Shaykh Hisham. Mawlana Shaykh Hisham, who was sitting in the first row, heard the screaming and inquired what has happened. When he was told what has happened, he answered: “NO! The propeller did not hit the child; if it would have hit him, he would have died." The child was brought on board for assessment. He was crying and shivering. There was big swollen area on the back of his head like a hematoma. Mawlana Shaykh Hisham looked into his eyes then put his hand on his head and prayed for him, then said: "Insha-Allah He will be ok." Still, people around were afraid that the child might collapse at any moment. One brother, a nurse by profession, asked the child to close his left eye and count the fingers shown to him and the same was done with the right to ensure the child’s mental status was alright. Then A medical doctor among the tourists the rushed into the plane to assess the child and was astonished to find him to be in good condition. The doctor was shocked and amazed. The same question ran through his mind, as was running through the minds of everyone present: how was it possible the child had survived? We were all requested to disembark except Mawlana Shaykh Hisham and the child. The crew then inspected the propeller. Mawlana Shaykh Hisham, the child and Mawlana Shaykh Hisham’s host were placed on another plane and rushed to Nairobi, the capital where an ambulance was awaiting their arrival. While the other 40 mureeds were waiting words from the crew, we were surprised to notice that two tires of the aircraft were being changed. After inquiry, we were told both tires had punctures. So one question arises: What would have happened when taking off or landing with two tires punctured? Did this accident with the child prevented a bigger accident in the horizon? Mawlana Shaykh Hisham was sitting in the plane on the side of the left wing where the propeller was not turning when the accident happened, so why did Mawlana Shaykh Hisham say: "the propeller did not touch the child’s head"? First of all, the cone (cap on which the turban is wrapped around) of the turban the child was wearing was hit right on the metal pin of the Naqshbandi Taweezbearing the holy words “Allahu Haqq”, an apparent miracle by itself. Then after communicating with his master Sultan al-Awliya Mawlana Shaykh Nazim, world leader of the Naqshbandi-Haqqani Tariqah, Shaykh Hisham said that a miracle had occurred, through the blessing of Mawlana ShaykhNazim, to push the child away from the propeller and prevent him from being decapitated by its blades and Shaykh Hisham sitting in the plane could see the hand of his master behind the saving of the child and the airport supervisor. That is why before even anybody had said anything, he said: "NO, the propeller did not hit the child." The child was monitored that night in the hospital. He was then was released the following morning. Incredibly, a CT-Scan revealed no fracture nor any intracranial bleeding. The swelling had disappeared and the child returned home with his family, healthy, as if nothing had happened at all. Shaykh Hisham came to their home, prayed once again on the child and offered him a gift. That child’s name is Hassan and he is beloved to his family more than ever before. The family is endlessly thankful to Allah (swt) to the Holy Prophet (saw) that he was saved from certain death, with the baraka of the Holy Prophet salla and by the power and intercession of our master Sultan al-Awliya Mawlana Shaykh Nazim Adil al-Haqqani, and the prayers, physical presence and baraka of Mawlana Shaykh Hisham. May Allah give Hassan and all his family the most generous rewards for their service and patience through this unexpected ordeal, ameen. W ’alhamdulillahi Rabbi’l-`alameen, All praise is to Allah, Lord of all creation.